for 4 servings
- 1 pt heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- topping of your choice
- Whisk the heavy cream, condensed milk, and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over a half sheet pan, or multiple quarter sheet pans. Make sure the ice cream base just barely covers the bottom. It should be ¼-inch (1 cm) thick or less.
- Sprinkle any chopped-up toppings you would like. With a whisk, mix the toppings into the ice cream base to ensure they’re evenly distributed.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Make sure to also put your scrapers and ice cream bowls in the freezer so the ice cream doesn’t melt while rolling.
- After the ice cream is frozen solid, remove from the freezer and quickly place the metal spatula/paint scraper at an 45° angle against the edge of the pan, pushing carefully forward. If the ice cream needs a little help forming, use a butter knife to push the sheet of cream into the roll.
- Place the rolled ice cream in a chilled bowl and top with any toppings you desire.